4.05.2008

Class 2 Begins

Already in the last few days of Week 01, Class 01. This post is all about "Video Reference". I had shot some video reference for projects in Class 01, but neglected to mention or post them here.
You might say to yourself; "Hey, thats cheating. You're just going to roto that shot. That's wack." Well my friends... I hate to break it to you, but this is the way its done. The way its always been done. Now... Good animators don't just copy this action. They study it for timing. They pick up subtle nuances that they didn't think of. Its a clear representation of where the weight is at any time. No... This is not cheating. I'll take this and study the above, and then exaggerate the timing and poses and action to make a unique and appealing shot. ( Well, I hope so anyways. )



For this assignment we had to pick from 1 of 3 options. A kick, a side step, or a 180 turn.
This semester I am going to try and push myself a little more. I have been inspired by a few students to do so. If I'm really going to get a lot out of this school, I think its something I must do. So I am attempting to work all 3 into this sequence you see above.

I hope I don't shoot myself in the foot.

No comments: